Losing weight can leave a sour taste in your mouth, but it doesn't have to. I am always looking for something sweet to eat and this just fits the bill plus it has rave reviews! This delicious chocolate mug cake boasts big taste and little calories. Just 138.
But FIRST - ceramic coffee mugs!
The most important thing you need is one of those nifty ceramic coffee mugs! You can grab one here (<-click)Why a ceramic coffee mug you say? Well for one they are microwavable and that is just what you need for this recipe.
Might as well grab your whole collection of ceramic coffee mugs, especially if you have enough space in your microwave! You know someone is going to want one just as soon as you sit down to eat yours.
That is a picture of one of the many ceramic coffee mugs I have on my website and you can get the one pictured here (or a number of other cool designs by clicking - > here
The Coffee Mug Cake Recipe
This recipe gets rave reviews! So lets get to microbakin!
- 2 tablespoons self raising flour (1 oz | 30 g)
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (your choice
- 1 tablespoon chocolate cake (your choice box cake)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon butter (reduced fat, melted, or coconut oil)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk (chocolate almond milk is delicious!)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tablespoon mini chocolate chips ( could use unsweetened if you fancy!)
- Grab a ceramic coffee mug and spray with cooking oil spray. Into the mug, add in the flour, sweetener (or sugar), cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine. To that, add your melted butter, milk and vanilla.
- (Optional): Fold in 1/2 tablespoon of chocolate chips. Mix them through. Top with the remaining chocolate chips.
Minute Microwave Method:
- Bake in your microwave on 'Quick' or High' setting for 40 seconds. Open the door and gently touch the top with your finger tip. If it's still a little underdone in the middle, bake for another 10 seconds until cooked through (not too long, as the cake will continue cooking in the mug once it's removed). Be careful, whether this is full of sugar or not - it is going to be HOT!
- Share this recipe